The Courier-Journal App Description & Overview
From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $9.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.courier-journal.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
Do you like The Courier-Journal apps? Please share!
The Courier-Journal App Tips & Tricks
The Courier-Journal Screenshots
The Courier-Journal Video
The Courier-Journal Reviews
Great with promoting local news
Sometimes it is challenging to navigate but I really enjoy it most of the time.
Nice local news app!
Easy to navigate. Great local sports! Very nice app!
By Sammy Stuart
By U of L #1
There is nothing that I hate more than being made to log onto an app that has been on the same iPad and network for years.
Not easy to connect to web links. That often fails.
My favorite reporter is Martha Elson. This newspaper still knows what journalism is. Their in depth investigations are excellent.
The on-line Courier-Journal is light on substantive news. It has a dated look and feel when used. In more than 55 years of reading this newspaper, I have watched it deteriorate. Now, it is failing to move to the digital age. So sad.
Best little paper in a NewMetro complex!!
Great way to catch up on current events!!
Very useful app
Very user-friendly and complete.
It's a lot of sports
By Jo Florence
Live in Florida but a Kentuckian by birth and choice. Really enjoy Courier Journal on my IPhone.