TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome App Description & Overview
For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. It’s much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
• It's an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome, dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
• It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
• The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices, tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
• Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other sounds like these.
• Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner, data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about connectivity.
Chris Coletti, member of The Canadian Brass, sums up TonalEnergy by saying,
“TonalEnergy is a must-have for any serious musician. It's a full suite of tools in one app; the tuner, tone generator, recorder, metronome and beautiful interface make it one of the best tools for musicians out there, period.”
• Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many competing tuners (C0 - C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well as acoustic and electric string instruments
• Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
• Automatic or manual transposing options
• Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments, including user-defined ones
• Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
• Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
• An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects of the tuner’s functions
• Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
• Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function waveform
• Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on all other stand alone metronome apps
• Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and Indian variants
• Bluetooth and input/output support
• Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy, SoundCloud, etc
• Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
• Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
• Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
• External MIDI keyboard control support
• Universal app with all device orientations supported
• Audiobus and inter-app audio support
• VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
• Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
• Plucked Strings
Feature updates and bugfixes and for v1.5.2:
- Added auto-transpose feature back in for sound selection
- Improved bluetooth speaker output support
- Added option to allow bluetooth mic input, disabled by default so that most bluetooth speakers will work as desired. If the mic input from a bluetooth device is desired, enable this option. Removed the output-only option because this new option gets rid of the need for it.
- Arrow button in top-left of record sidebar now closes it (as well as swipe left)
- Added visual metronome flashing to tab bar on all pages
- Added 3D Touch shortcuts to start on specific page
- Add quarter/half note triplets subdivisions to /4 and /2 meters
- File browsing behavior updated, doesn't auto-play now when selecting (unless already playing).
- Added Trim feature which trims selected range to new file or replacing existing
- Added "Select" button which lets you multiple select items for export or deletion. If multiple items are selected for export it will make a ZIP archive and export that.
- Added option to make compressed audio (AAC) files when exporting audio
- Playing audio files keeps app alive in the background (like the metronome)
- Added duration indicator when recording
- Added introductory information for some features.
- Some VoiceOver fixes, and added special tuning data text capture feature (double-tap and hold target tuner on Tuner page to toggle it on/off, only when VoiceOver is on). This was requested by a blind user.
- Fixed multi-touch issue on pitch wheel
- Various metronome fixes
Apple Watch app changes:
- Reordered watch pages, to focus on most likely used features (metronome)
- Added meter and subdiv adjusting feature to Watch app
- Added Sound page to Watch app. Set the desired note with the note/octave pickers, or pressing the current tuner indicator button to set it to the most recently heard note.
- Added dedicated haptic count-in feature on watch (force touch on met page). This is independent from the phone metronome.
- Added Met Presets page to watch. Force press to change preset groups. Changing preset with the digital crown dial will go into affect when met is started (or if changed while already started). Swiping up/down also changes preset.
Please remember to update your reviews and ratings for the new version. Also, we want your feedback and suggestions. It really helps us better meet your needs.
Contact us at [email protected] with any ideas, thoughts or concerns. As always, thank you for your support!
Do you like TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome apps? Please share!
TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome App Tips & Tricks
TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome Screenshots
TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome Video
TonalEnergy Chromatic Tuner and Metronome Reviews
New App is Lit
By Horn King
Every feature that you could want from a metronome. I live in the Drum Corps world, and we use tonal energy at each rehearsal.
A few features that are still needed for the metronome:
1. The ability to export metronome profiles as MP3 files.
2. The ability to program accelerandos and ritardandos.
Other than that, the app is awesome.
Best app ever! Use it for tuning drums!!
By Jolly Oliver
I love this app! Glad they fixed the pitch wheel with new update!!! I tune drums find harmonies and analyze random audio with it!
The BEST Tuner
This is the best tuner i have EVER used and will probably be the only one just because of how good it is. To top it off, we constantly get updates now! Love this tuner, keep up the good work guys!
Update worth the wait!
By Mildly disgruntled user
I've been using Tonal Energy for a few years now, and is by far my favorite metronome/tuner app. It was a long time coming for this new version, but the results are fantastic! The new version is much cleaner looking and feeling, is easier to use, and most importantly doesn't crash every other time you open it. Love the new pitch graph in the tuner, and the rhythm settings for the metronome are the most extensive I've seen in an iPhone app. I also see this latest update is chock-full of fixes and features. I could get used to this. Keep up the great work!
By Your everyday trombonist
This app has helped me so much in practice and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good tuner or metronome!
Absolutely worth the money GREAT TUNER
I bought this tuner a very long time ago and I have seen it get better and better. I love the new support with the Apple Watch and the new overall design of the app! Great work and thank you for making my experience with your app enjoyable! 👌
The best app ever!!!!!!
This app is great! This is a really big update, so many new things.
Best metronome and tuner ever! Has so many features, it's ver much worth getting this app!
Must download for musicians and singers
A MANDATORY tool for all musicians and singers. Buying a stand-alone tool like this could run you upwards of $100 easy. I use the metronome and tuner every single practice session. I use it to transpose. I use it to help my newbie ears identify the key signatures and notes to songs I like. I use it to record. I use it to entertain my toddler so I can do the dishes...so I guess I use it to do the dishes!
All I need
It does everything I need in a music app, and more.
Love the app
By CrAzY DaVe!¡!
This app is great
Must have! For Barbershoppers
Fantastic singing. training tool for the whole quartet!