The Baltimore Sun: Maryland's top news source App Description & Overview
Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Baltimore Sun's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Baltimore's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Create your own personalized news feed with One-Tap Following
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Air Drop, Twitter, Facebook or email.
• Download the app to enjoy 10 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app and to baltimoresun.com; then it's only $7.99 a month.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to baltimoresun.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 888-539-1280.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at [email protected] A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Do you like The Baltimore Sun: Maryland's top news source apps? Please share!
The Baltimore Sun: Maryland's top news source App Tips & Tricks
The Baltimore Sun: Maryland's top news source Screenshots
The Baltimore Sun: Maryland's top news source Video
The Baltimore Sun: Maryland's top news source Reviews
News you can trust
No one covers the Baltimore area like the Sun, and this app is a great way to stay up to date throughout the day.
Clear and easy
I like the simplicity of this app. Easy to scroll through what I want to read.
Best Maryland coverage
By MoCo Family
If you are a resident of MD and don't have a local paper, The Baltimore Sun has thorough coverage of state, county, and city/local level news. It's our family's go-to source for all things Maryland.
Great Writing, But The Sun App Doesn't Show Up In The Apple Watch App To install On The Watch!
I've always loved the Sun App in my glances on my Watch. I clung to iOS 9 (watchOS 2) for a long time, so when I updated the app and it disappeared from the watch I assumed it now required watchOS 3, and by extension, iOS 10, as this happens with apps often.
So I updated both the phone and watch, but the Sun App still does not show up in the Watch App as installable. I've deleted, rebooted, cleared cache, installed in the Watch App & AppStore, etc., to no avail. Please fix! Great writing!
Continual problems loading
Better pop-ups, but no less annoying. However, big problem with clarity. Once past first page, impossible to read without expanding article. Was fine till a week ago.
Enjoy this app!!!
By TerpsOrioles Fan
Love chancing up in the news !!!
By Nattyboh Man
I use this app daily.
Love it. Super user friendly
Story alerts are nice and timely but viewing limit of stories per month makes the app almost worthless. You shouldn't have ads on the landing page, ads in the stories, and pop-up ads while still expecting people to pay a monthly subscription. One revenue source or the other, not both. IMO
Useless search function
The Sun app is about average for a newspaper app but with a couple of annoyances that make me want to pick up the physical paper instead. The only way to go to a specific section is by scrolling across the top bar, and not all of the sections are there...or are not recognizable at least. And the search function is just plain bad. I don't think I've ever found a specific article using it. I just give up and google it. It's nice to have specific sections dedicated to the local sports teams, but why can't I read the funnies on my phone? The Post won't let you either.
Annoying ad pop ups
I cannot close the pop ads, and they cover up the news. This is annoying, and I have to restart app everytime.
Good app for the news
If you like news from the Baltimore Sun, this is a good solid app that gives you access to the electronic form of the news.