Voice Dream Reader App Description & Overview
Read with your ears! Voice Dream Reader is a widely acclaimed desktop-class app that reads articles, documents and books out loud. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable visual layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style and level.
Featured as Best New App in 81 countries including the United States.
“This app is one of the best educational finds of my entire career.” - Forbes
“As a user myself and as a mother of a child with dyslexia, I am blown away by the features of Voice Dream.” - Quartz
“Voice Dream Reader is hailed by many as the best mobile text-to-speech (TTS) app.” - Examiner
Supported Document Formats
- PDF, Plain text, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, RTF, and Google Docs.
- Web articles.
- DRM-free EPUB eBooks.*
- Bookshare Books.
- DAISY text-based books and audiobook.
- Audiobooks in MP3, MP4 or zipped MP3 format.
- Experimental rich text and image support for all documents.
- One premium Acapela voice of your choice free with the purchase of the app.
- 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 languages are also available for free.
- 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, NeoSpeech and Ivona available through in-app purchases.
- Correct pronunciation with your own pronunciation dictionary.
- All voices work offline and play in the background even with the screen locked.
- Tee-up a list of articles and play while you drive, walk or run.
- Spoken word is highlighted to improve comprehension and retention.
- Auto-scrolling and full screen, distraction-free mode to help reader focus.
- Finger reading. For beginners to read by at running a finger under each word.
- Pac-Man. Harvard and MIT developed speed-reading method for everyone to read at 2x speed with no loss of comprehension.
- High contrast and large font size for low vision readers.
- Optimized for VoiceOver, Braille and switch control.
- Bookmarking, text highlighting and annotation. Highlights and notes can be exported as text.
- Full-text search.
- Built-in dictionary.
- Skip text in PDF header and footer.
- Native support for Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
- Native access to Bookshare.
- Safari extension to save Web pages and Web addresses.
- Support for Box and OneDrive via iOS Document Picker.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks and annotations are synchronized across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
It is not possible to load DRM protected ebooks. All books purchased on iBooks, Kindle and other commercial eBook platforms have DRM.
- Fixed problem with NeoSpeech voices.
So sorry for the inconvenience.
Do you like Voice Dream Reader apps? Please share!
Voice Dream Reader App Tips & Tricks
Voice Dream Reader Screenshots
Voice Dream Reader Reviews
Do not purchase; it doesn't work. I downloaded it and when I went to open it I got a message that said the file could not be opened because it doesn't exist. $14 down the drain.
Update erases library
The new update erased the metadata containing all of my saved articles...like close to fifty that I needed. Really poor coding voicestream. All of my files won't open now
What an incredible amazing app!
By The blind singer
This is one of the best purchases I have ever made! The fact that it allows you to read everything from Book Share titles to MP3 zip files to word documents with one application and one incredibly fantastic interface makes it essential for anyone who wants to have productivity on iOS! Processes that would have required numerous applications can all be done in one central place! It's just amazing!
Hi friends I have 5000 ebook pleeeeeeeease in next make it possible to add folder to Voice Dream. if not its impossible to group my books. though now its a miracle app.
My favorite app!
This app stands out as my favorite app. I really like how it can save web pages to read out loud. I use this every day in my commute to work. The new version just adds more great features!
Great concept well executed
I am in medical school and textbooks are now all online. It bothers me that i have to go to different websites through different databases every time i want to look something up from a text-and this requires internet. But voice dream reader allows me to pick the chapters I want and store them all in one place for quick reference. This app doesnt require internet!! Love that i can listen to my textbooks while driving, exercising, or even sleeping (hoping unconscious knowledge diffusion is possible). Anyway, one of my favorite features of this is that i can search either an individual pdf or can put in key words in the search button on the home screen and see which pdfs contain what I'm looking for. Can be a little slow but considerinng how much Ive stored on here i dont blame it. I can even upload powerpoints into the app. I could also see it being useful for storing reference articles for researchers and im sure there are many other great uses of this app. Thanksss!!
Does what it says
There's a lot of options and it is definitely better than many other readers.
Loses a star because I read a lot of listed things such as rules and protocols. There is no pause when moving from the end of a bullet and on to the next even though there's a period. Makes that sort of document tough to interpret. Fix that and it will have 5 stars.
Not for Graduate User
I was extremely excited for this app as I have long commutes and was hoping to get some of homework out of the way by listening to my assigned journals and articles. However, this app does not support PDF articles well. It seems to have a viray of glitches and will jump from one section to another. The reader will also skip from reading one article to a completely other article that is in my library.
By far the best reader out there.
When are you going to allow us to accompany the read with music? That would be amazing.
I have tried every TTS app i can find and voice dream is the best of the best. The in app purchased voices from neospeech are VERY good. I bought one american female and one male and i don't think i will need to buy any others. There is an occasional mispronunciation and i KNOW that there is a way to fix that but i have been so caught up with listening to my favorite books not yet in audio that i just haven't bothered. A great app for addicted audio listeners!
It's good, but there's just one problem
I enjoy this app very much. Yes I do. I like the voices. Maybe you could add some more. Maybe you could create some celebrity voices or something. That would really bring some joy to this app. The app is good, but there's a problem that I faced. When I was trying to use the Laura voice in a book, it wouldn't work. I tried to download it again. The app told me that the download was successful. When I tried to use the voice with the same book,, it still didn't work. Yes, the neospeech and ivona voices, but maybe a few acapella voices need fixing like Laura's voice.
The best ebook reader for IOS.
This is probably my favorite app, and for sure the best ibook reader I've ever tried in the IOS ecosystem. I wish they could add support for Kindle books.