Poughkeepsie Journal App Description & Overview
From critically acclaimed storytelling and photography, to rich-media videos, full 360-degree experiences and virtual reality, we're able to not only tell the news, but allow you to be completely immersed in it. And with our local-to-national coverage, you can add news stories happening right in your own communities.
• NEWS: Browse national, local and most popular stories to keep you connected.
• NEWS ALERTS: Get news as it breaks by opting in for push notifications on News, Sports, Life, Money or Tech. Rich notifications allow you to get an article preview, save and share from your lock screen.
• VIRTUAL REALITY: Bring the news to life with 360° video and virtual reality. Check out our new weekly VR series, VRtually There with three new thrilling VR experiences every Thursday.
• WEATHER: Be prepared with live weather information from hourly to 10-day forecasts. Enable location services to customize local weather news and other location-based services. (Continued use of GPS running in background can decrease battery life.)
• SCORES: Stay up to speed on the latest sports scores and schedules for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, Golf, NASCAR, Indy Car, UFC, Fantasy sports and college football and basketball.
• SAVED STORIES: Save your favorite stories to read later.
• NIGHT MODE: Enable this feature to view the app using a black background and white text.
• WIDGET: Get a quick update on the latest headlines from your Home and Lock screen! No time to read the full story? Tap the bookmark icon to save for later.
• iPAD PRO ENHANCED: Experience our captivating photography and stories in full screen or multitasking mode.
PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER CONTENT:
This app is free to download but for full access to all content, purchase a subscription for $11.99/month.
Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
Terms of Service: http://static.poughkeepsiejournal.com/terms/
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback, so we welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at: [email protected] or on Twitter @usatodaymobile. For additional information, please visit http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps.
• Fixed a bug that was causing video pop up ads to appear in the app.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Questions about your subscription? Check out Subscription Support in the app's Settings.
Do you like Poughkeepsie Journal apps? Please share!
Poughkeepsie Journal App Tips & Tricks
Poughkeepsie Journal Screenshots
Poughkeepsie Journal Video
Poughkeepsie Journal Reviews
no issues with the app, keeps me informed
Old news is bad news
Leading with stories that are 21 and 29 days old (while the Freeman leads with current, often Dutchess County news) makes the Poughkeepsie Journal a joke. There is news, you need to report it.
Great app, editing needs improvement
This app works very well. The layout, fonts, photos, navigation and performance are superb. My only suggestion is that the editors should not "pin" insignificant articles to top of listing for days, weeks, or even months at a time. Also, I end up reading the same articles day after day because the editor marks it as updated, even though the update is not noted or obvious. The second oldest newspaper in the USA should do better.
Too many ads
By Rocco Adog
Even the obituary page is loaded with annoying, intrusive ads.
Poughkeepsie journal app
I love the convenience. You can be on top of what's going on around you anytime of the day.
Online Poughkeepsie Journal
Great way to be informed of new news before it shows up in the print version.
OK but today's news not updated until the afternoon
By Just rating to get premium!
News ap is fine, however, I like to read the news in the morning and it seems like today's news is not available until later in the day.
Very good app
By One 1 won
Very good app. Updated quite frequently. Would like to see local sports scores first at lower end of page. That's not a priority. But to get local news, weather and scores, overall a very good app.
There is no way to search articles. Signed up for "free" 30 day trial and unable to find how to cancel. Terrible app - do not download.
Latest update broke iPhone version
By Hail Ants
Using an iPhone 6 with latest iOS and with the last update the app won't work anymore. Just keeps saying:
There was a problem connecting. Please check your connection and try again.
Nothing to it
Works fairly well although is does have some bugs. Having an orientation option would be nice.