Easy GPS: Coordinates, Compass, Waypoint, Map Data App Description & Overview
Easy GPS is a simple, yet powerful GPS app for supporting navigation and outdoor activities like geocaching, sailing, skating, trekking, biking or traveling by airplane.
It measures your position, height and acceleration with accuracy information and in different units like feet, meter, miles and kilometers. Your highest altitude and speed will also be logged. You can show and save your current position or other waypoints on a map and pick one of the following formats to view your coordinates:
- GPS Coordinates (Latitude/Longitude)
- Decimal Degrees
Easy GPS is a must have for geocachers, due to the easy switching between coordinates and map. The integrated flashlight enables users like geocachers to find targets even in dark environments without having to use a separate device.
Via in-app purchase you can add some useful features to Easy GPS:
- Premium Edition: Unlock all of the following features.
- Waypoints Addon: Save your current location as a marker on the map. Add new locations like geo caches to the map by entering GPS coordinates. Pick different colors for waypoints. Export waypoints via e-mail. Show or hide saved waypoints on the map.
- Map Widgets: The draggable Map Widgets show your location, altitude, speed and GPS accuracy directly on the map. You can change the widget transparency and textcolor in the settings to optimize readability on different map tiles and map data sources like Google Maps or Open Street Map.
- Compass: The compass shows your heading relative to magnetic north or true north (configurable in the settings) and your current location coordinates. It also shows additional information like street, city and country. If you buy Compass and Map Widgets the Compass will also be displays as a widget on the map.
- Open Street Map Addon: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Open Street Map.
- Google Maps Addon: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Google Maps. The map modes 'standard', 'satellite', 'hybrid' and 'terrain' can be selected in the options menu.
Please keep in mind that the accuracy of your position and acceleration always depends on the intensity of the available GPS signal. Compass and heading information are only available on devices with magnetometer (iPhone3 GS or newer and iPad).
- Bug fixes
Do you like Easy GPS: Coordinates, Compass, Waypoint, Map Data apps? Please share!
Easy GPS: Coordinates, Compass, Waypoint, Map Data App Tips & Tricks
Easy GPS: Coordinates, Compass, Waypoint, Map Data Screenshots
Easy GPS: Coordinates, Compass, Waypoint, Map Data Video
Easy GPS: Coordinates, Compass, Waypoint, Map Data Reviews
The waypoint accuracy was first off very disappointing. Seems you can place a mark 100-300 feet from your location, but never on your location.
There is also no way to set a waypoint as a travel to location.
Have to say don't waste your money on this one.
I searched for an app to give me data for my Amateur Radio station I selected "Easy GPS" and got far more than I bargained for. Great app and simple to use. "'73. Bill, KA1TIU
Easy, just like it says
Detailed information in an easy to read format, even speed. highly recommended.
Give me a refund
I want a refund
Don't was your money
By Al Remington
By Old Vaquero
We had some property monuments we could not locate on our remote ranch in Alaska because of thick vegetation regrowth and the demise of old original bearing trees over 40 plus years of wind and weather. We converted survey information to GPS coordinates (no easy feat in itself) and came within 15 feet of the illusive survey monuments. Previously we had spent weeks trying to locate some of the monuments but to no avail.
I like this app
Easy to understand and use...
Can't wait to upgrade...beautiful
Easy to use
Simply does what I need it to do
Waste of time
By U kno84828277
Keep crashing. Don't waste your time downloading this app.
Not worth using the free option
I needed a quick waypoint recorder to take 3 points. I copied the first. Interface was easy enough, when I tried to mark the second I was asked to pay for the subscription. It was then difficult to go to a "waypoint" menu where I could just view information about my solo waypoint. Ended up being easier to just write down my coordinates so I was fairly disappointed.