Strong Workout Tracker: Gym Log, Exercise Journal App Description & Overview
Throw out your notebook, Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker to get more from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join the over 800,000 people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
*Apps We Love* Front Page Feature
*Apps We Love* Health & Fitness Feature Banner
*Stay on Track* Health & Fitness Feature
Strong is completely redesigned and optimised for the latest iOS Devices, and now comes with Cloud Sync to back up your data.
"I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none"
"I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn't train without it"
"Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for."
"This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly... I wish I could give 10 stars."
"It's by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I've used."
"It's amazing. That's all you need to know."
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn't bog you down with pictures and videos you don't need, and provide unnecessary functions you'd never use.
Strong is optimised for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
And you can also select a range of exercises, from Cardio to Assisted Bodyweight for an all in one fitness tracking experience.
- The simplest interface of any fitness app available on the App Store
- Add your own routines and choose easily between them
- Cardio and strength exercises - and add your own too!
- New in Strong 4 - Multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - See your progress in Graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
- New in Strong 4 - Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
- New in Strong 4 - Supersets/Grouped Exercises
- New in Strong 4 - Cloud Sync!
- New in Strong 4 - Built in bodyweight tracker helps you record your weight every workout, and includes Apple Health
- New in Strong 4 - Share sheet makes archiving workouts to Evernote, Notes or Email easier than ever!
- New in Strong 4 - Full Screen Timer for easier notification
- Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
- Plate calculator for when the weights get high
- US(lbs) AND Metric(kg) weight support
- Add additional notes to your workout
- Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression, and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
- Export workout information by email to CSV format, as well as full Database Export
- Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
Note: Strong requires the "Unlock Strong" In App Purchase in order to enter more than 4 workouts. But feel free to try it for as long as you like!
Strong Terms of Service - http://help.strongapp.io/article/73-strong-terms-of-service
- Per-exercise settings are now synced to the cloud
- Exercise notes from the previous workout appear as placeholder text
- Previous Set information now shows when viewing workouts in history
- Updated Notifications look and behaviour
- Reorganised the Settings tab
- Support for per-exercise timers and weight/distance units
- Improved background sync performance and feedback
- Rest Timer notifications would occasionally fail to appear
- Old notifications are cleared when launching Strong
A big thanks to our beta users for helping us track down some issues! If you’re interested in helping to improve Strong, drop us an email.
As always, if you enjoy Strong, please leave a review, it helps us keep the app improving! Although we’re now able to respond to reviews, we can give a more detailed reply if you email [email protected]
Do you like Strong Workout Tracker: Gym Log, Exercise Journal apps? Please share!
Strong Workout Tracker: Gym Log, Exercise Journal App Tips & Tricks
Strong Workout Tracker: Gym Log, Exercise Journal Screenshots
Strong Workout Tracker: Gym Log, Exercise Journal Video
Strong Workout Tracker: Gym Log, Exercise Journal Reviews
Perfect and Getting Better!
I typically don't write reviews, but I had to this time. You will read this over and over from other reviewers, but it's the truth - IT JUST WORKS! The creator of this app gets it. It's incredibly easy to create your own routines or enter a workout you have found and begin tracking. You have the ability track any exercise in any fashion. History is instantly available, and routines can remain static or can adjust as you go up in weight. Time your rest periods etc... worth every penny, and I would say buy now before it goes up. This app will be wildly in demand and should be a staple of anyone who spends time working out.
Update: months later they keep updating and it keeps getting better. Plain awesome!
Great app. Paid for the full version to support developer for future improvements. Wish it had visuals for the routines.
I have used this app for the last three months to help me keep track of what I am lifting, along with recording my workouts. Now I keep working out to keep the calendar filled with blue boxes.
Best. Trust me. I've tried more than 10 applications.
Great app for workouts
This app is very good for tracking workouts and keeping track of progress. Just starting to use it but so far so good.
Clean and Simple
I've been using this app daily for about a year now. I have the paid version and I can honestly say it's the best app purchase I've ever made. The interface is clean and simple but has everything you might want from a dedicated lifting app. I've tried most of them now and this is by far the best. Any issues or feature requests I've had have been met with a fast response from the developers and are almost always addressed in the next update. The watch app isn't perfect, and I'd like to see better 3D Touch integration on iPhone, but overall I couldn't be happier.
Love this app!
This app is great for keeping track of and planning workouts. Highly re ommended!
This app is great for tracking workouts! It remember what I have done and let's me create workouts! It's simple and easy to use, just what I was looking for!
Fantastic! Makes my workouts easy to track!
I have used this app exclusively now for about 4 weeks. I absolutely love it. I'm no longer frustrated at the gym trying to enter reps and weights.
I only have a couple requests: an iPad compatible version. This is primarily because I tend to do my research on my iPad and if I want to modify a routine, I have to use a smaller screen to do so while switching between devices. Support for the iPad's multitasking would also help greatly. No, I'm not about to drag my iPad Pro to the gym 😂! Also, the category headings in the excessive search/browse view are a bit small when trying to tap on.
This one might be a stretch but would be really cool if routines could be sent to the iOS calendar or notifications could be set up at a user specified time that state what workout is on tap for the day. Just a thought.
Otherwise, BEST workout app I've ever (will ever!) use! 5 stars!
Easy to Use and Feature Full
One of the most intuitive apps I've ever used. And probably the only time I've used an app and haven't had any ideas for what could be better. Thanks!
It does everything you need at the gym. I'd be nice to have the rest timer shown in the lock screen.
Just what I needed!
Strong allows me to record my progress to the level of detail I need. I find the best feature is that which allows me to see the weight used on my previous attempt at that given exercise. The fact that I can add a custom exercise is an excellent bonus, also. At the price it is, it's an invaluable steel! Buy it!