The Economist for iPhone App Description & Overview
• Our app is free to download
• Read or listen to a selection of must-read articles chosen each week by Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief of The Economist
• Subscribers enjoy full access to each week’s issues and analysis
A smart guide to the forces that shape the future, readers access an essential global briefing on business, finance, economics, science, current affairs, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
• Read or listen to each week’s full issue from Thursday 4pm EST/ 9pm GMT. Read or listen to each week’s full issue every Thursday, before it hits newsstands.
• Pre-download The Economist and enjoy offline reading anytime, anywhere.
• Seamlessly move between our reader and audio features.
• Store and access back issues.
• If you are a registered reader, you may purchase single issues using in-app purchase.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps.
• Purchase a quarterly subscription to the full edition of The Economist for USD $45.99 or an annual subscription for USD $189.99.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Do you like The Economist for iPhone apps? Please share!
The Economist for iPhone App Tips & Tricks
The Economist for iPhone Screenshots
The Economist for iPhone Video
The Economist for iPhone Reviews
Great app! Especially the audio downloads
Easily listen to the economist audio version with this app
The app has some bugs and sometimes navigation can be difficult (thus 4 stars)
By Mere Being
Well worth the subscription price. Very informative with a global perspective.
Bug: forgets last position
The previous version remembered where you left off when listening to the audio. But the latest update broke that function. Now you have to start over each time and try find where you left off. It is very, very frustrating. Despite this bug being reported weeks ago, it has still not been fixed!
Until the app developer sorts this out, please provide the option to use the old version.
Content Excellence, Access everywhere
This application is it fantastic complement to a subscription to this great news medium. Solid reporting Worldwide perspective, timely and very prudent. The app is generally flawless and delivers the content in a way that makes it very accessible. Worth every penny I pay for it.
Biased toward common sense
I have been reading this magazine for some 30 years now. Overtime our views have begun to diverge or perhaps I'm just better at seeing some of the gaps in reasoning in their writing. However this periodical remains geared toward common sense. I find using the audio version very useful to stay current.
I have to reinstall the app to download the new issue from time to time
Great content, app is buggy
The content is thoughtful as usual. The application is simple and elegant and works well offline. However one hugely annoying bug: every once in a while (every 3-4 weeks or so?) a new edition comes out and it won't download. Clicking on download button doesn't do anything at all. Only workaround is to uninstall and reinstall. I'd give five stars if this bug were fixed.
Cannot download new issues
The app is great, but I need to reinstall it every time I want to download the latest issue. The "download" button just doesn't work!
Very good app. Works great
I have had it for years and it works great
Audio Edition is essential
By Scott KFL
App can be buggy. But the audio edition is an essential part of my subscription now. Don't commute without it!
If there's one thing I do each week it's absorb the audio, word for word, of the economist. This app makes it seamless.
By Life easier now
Easy to use, easy to search content, easy to control and easy to read. For the above reasons it's my only newspaper subscription.