Strava Running and Cycling GPS App Description & Overview
If you like to run, ride or just adventure outside, you’ll love Strava. Give it a try, it’s free!
Millions of runners, cyclists and active people use Strava to record their activities, compare performance over time, connect with their community, and share the photos, stories and highlights of their adventures with friends. Strava works with just your iPhone or Apple Watch, as well as pretty much every GPS device out there.
Track Your Runs, Rides and Activities for Free
• Activity Tracking: During and after activity, get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned, as well as an interactive map of your activity
• Personal Challenge: Participate in monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Segments: Got a favorite hill climb or long straightaway? See how you fared on particular sections of your activity with Strava segments
Connect with Friends and Fellow Athletes
• Social Training: Follow friends, training buddies and pros to view each other’s activities and encourage them with kudos and comments
• Clubs: There’s a club for all your athletic interests, from the world’s biggest sports brands to your neighborhood running posse. Join your favorites to learn about events, participate in discussions or just find out what’s new
• Activity Photos: Showcase the best moments of your run or ride
• Friendly Competition: Dig deep and shoot for a top time on segment leaderboards
• Strava on Social: Share activity details on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Pair Your Favorite Technology
• Device Friendly: Strava works with almost all GPS running watches, cycling computers and activity trackers
• Heart Rate: Train with a heart rate monitor for additional performance data
• Apple Watch Series 2: Leave your phone at home with Strava for Apple Watch*, totally redesigned for Series 2. Your activity will sync automatically.
Additional web-only features, including route building, clubs and group activities, are available to all Strava athletes at www.strava.com .
Make the Most of Your Sport with Premium
• Stay safer when you're on the go with Beacon’s real-time location tracking
• Train for peak performance with personalized coaching such as training plans and custom goals
• Get unrivaled live performance feedback during your activity, and exclusive and detailed analysis after every activity, including heart rate, power meter and race analysis
Premium is available through in-app purchasing.
Strava Premium is available with a monthly or annual subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings.
* Apple Watch Series 1 and first-generation users still need their phone to collect GPS data.
- Club Events: All your club events are now available on your mobile device. You can create events, view event details and load the planned route, RSVP, and get notifications for new events and reminders.
- Apple Watch: You can now launch the Apple Watch app from your watch face using a complication.
Do you like Strava Running and Cycling GPS apps? Please share!
Strava Running and Cycling GPS App Tips & Tricks
Strava Running and Cycling GPS Screenshots
Strava Running and Cycling GPS Video
Strava Running and Cycling GPS Reviews
Please please please revert the terrible product decision to not be able to mirror from AW2 and iPhone. It's awful and renders a lot of functionality useless
Strava recording problems
I've used the app successfully with my IW2 until the update specifically for IW2. Now it seems the GPS is not working reliably. The IW2 display doesn't keep up with the distance and the data after the run has gaps in time. One time the app started with negative 3 miles and tried to count down unsuccessfully. I reboot and reload the IW2 every time. No more. The Apple activity app which I now use for outdoor biking and the Nike app for running have worked perfectly. Too bad! One star because the phone app is great but non go on the iWatch2.
A monthly subscription for this app is not reasonable. I have Garmin Connect whatcha is free.
Seriously? People follow you and then unfollow you just to gain more followers. It's not going to replace Facebook.
Kind of a worthless app given the indented purpose. Went for a 45 minute bike ride and between auto pausing and "auto" quitting it only recorded 15 minutes. This app is disappointing.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.
Just finished a run and tapped save on my AW2. Where is my data? It never synced to Strava or the mobile app. It's so disappointing to have repeated data loss. I'm done with the Strava app.
I would have not minded the update except that my watch app was updated at the end of a run, and lost the entire recording from that run. It would have been nice if Strava saved the run before the update.
Also, still having issues where there is no GPS lock at the start of a run. Strava, how about initiating the GPS lock as soon as the watch app is opened instead of waiting for Start to be pressed?
All in all, it's a decent app for use on the AW2. Much better than Nike's walled garden of an app. But it's still far from a five star app.
The updates seem to have the watch app running stable. I Would really like to see haptic watch alerts for mileage and segments.
Bug with editing profile information
Great app, but there is one annoying bug that must be fixed. There is a weird issue I encountered on the profile tab while editing my profile and changing fields such as city, state, and weight. The bug is when I, for example, enter in "Boston" for my city, "Massachusetts" for my state, and 140 for my weight. When I press the save button and return to my profile, it shows that both my city and state are "140" and my weight returns to what it was set to originally. Please fix this bug as it is very annoying and users cannot edit their profiles as they wish because of it. I will rate Strava a 5 if this is fixed. Thanks
App did not reliably measure distance and stopped during rides while phone was locked. Also, data sharing with Health and MyFitnessPal not very good (e.g., no calorie calculation for rides).
Love seeing all my connections riding. It motivates me and love seeing my progression during the year. Like seeing routes I would not otherwise see but can download and go on an adventure. Great app!
This ap just gets better and better. The Premium membership is an awesome value.
This is an awesome ap! Fun and accurate and super innovative. Love it.
Much better than MapMyRide. Love using this app!