Bloomberg Businessweek+ App Description & Overview
Read Bloomberg Businessweek+ weekly for all the content of the print edition of the magazine along with exclusive content and interactive features that enrich the reading experience.
Subscribers to the print edition of the magazine get each week's issue for FREE after validating their print subscription.
- iTunes App Store Best of 2012
- 2012 Webby Award for Best News Tablet App
- Best News and Info App in 2011 (Mobile Excellence Awards)
- XMA Cross Media Award from WAN-IFRA (World Association of Newspapers)
- Get the latest market information and news on companies mentioned in articles by tapping on the name of the company in the article (in bold) or by tapping on the related tab
- Search across all your issues
- Create your personal archive and access it from any issue
- Easily manage your issues with an auto-archiving option for issues older than 3 months (ON by default). TIP: Even if auto-archive is OFF, Newsstand will continue to auto-archive issues once device storage is constrained.
- Resize the fonts to suit your reading needs
- Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
- Each week's issue available from 10pm on Thursday EST
How does the Bloomberg Businessweek+ subscription work?
- Subscribers to the print edition of the magazine get each week's issue for FREE after validating their print subscription
- To subscribe, choose either a monthly subscription for $2.99/month or an annual subscription for $29.99/year
- Unlock ALL archive issues for just $3.99
- Your subscription gets you access to both the iPad & iPhone. Pay once and get it on both devices.
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- You may turn off auto-renewal from your iTunes account settings on your iPad or iPhone
- Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
ABOUT BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK
Bloomberg Businessweek offers a global perspective to help senior executives profit from smarter, faster and more informed decisions. Founded in 1929, the magazine is a market leader with more that 4.7 million readers in 140 countries. Drawing on more than 2300 journalists in 146 bureaus across 72 countries, Bloomberg Businessweek covers the business world like no one else can.
- Bug fixes
Do you like Bloomberg Businessweek+ apps? Please share!
Bloomberg Businessweek+ App Tips & Tricks
Bloomberg Businessweek+ Screenshots
Bloomberg Businessweek+ Video
Bloomberg Businessweek+ Reviews
Stopped downloading new issues
A week ago downloads get to 99% but never complete. How do we get our money back?
Now happens almost every issue. They keep telling me to uninstall and then reinstall the app. Why don't they just solve the problem
Bravo BusinessWeek! But.....
My five star review 2 years ago:
After going through an incredibly innovative magazine redesign after it's purchase by Bloomberg, finally BusinessWeek comes to the iPad. Well worth the wait. I'm a longstanding subscriber for whom there is no additional charge, but $2.99 a month seems very fair for non-subscribers to a weekly of BusinessWeek's journalistic quality. Interestingly laid out. You may be sure they will continue to refine the design based on the effort and detailed followup surveys relating to the print edition. Bravo, BusinessWeek!
So why one star now?
On a consistent basis new issues won't download. Gets stuck at 99% despite ongoing, unending download activity indicated. The only remedy according to BusinessWeek is to remove and reinstall the app which loses any cuttings.
This is a known issue despite which the app hasn't been updated in ten months. I had to go through this procedure for the fourth time in several months today. Their support will not commit to when they will update their app.
In addition, at all times the app indicates 'processing' as if completing a download, another seeming bug.
Also, the splash screen has the resolution of the icon, making what is otherwise a graphically outstanding app & content look totally amateurish.
Annoying for a 'one man band' free app. Disgraceful for Bloomberg, a $9 billion financial media and technology conglomerate selling a $30 subscription to a globally recognized business publication.
App fails to place icon on home screen in iPad
By Larry from NH
The only way I can open B/W is to go to the App Store each time I want to review. This is a pain as each time I have to download it again.
Annoying adds and won't download
By Frustrated subscriber # 235
The content is great but the annoying pop up ads make it almost unreadable. I don't mind swiping thru the ads I even read some of them. But prop up ads after every article is annoying..also I have lost my clipped articles 3 times in the last 3 months because the issue won't load. It gets to 95-99% and stops and locks up. Their fix is to delete the app (losing your clippings) and re-install. Too bad because the content is great. Will not be renewing
Best business magazine at a reasonable price
Most articles are either informative or interesting. I enjoy reading the entire magazine.
When are you going to fix it ??!!
By Zom B DAVID
Michael Bloomberg has built his success on being a perfectionist -- so why is this app still incredibly buggy? The problems have been described by other reviewers months ago (issues download stuck at 99%, etc.), so why haven't they been fixed?
Great product but cheap app
All downloads stuck at 99%!! Have to uninstall app and reinstall.. every week. Annoying.
Becoming worse and worse
When I started to use the app years ago it was delightful. But the quality of the app (not the magazine) has being going downhill steadily. Now I can't even download the latest issue (Junly 4, 2016). The download bar is stuck at 99% percent. It's consistent after restarting the app. Seems the app needs a better engineering team!
At the current version on 3/28/2017, the app just gives me a totally dark screen on my iPad Pro . This is outrageous.
Good app.. But slow to download content
It's a good app that is easy to navigate and read. My only complaint is that all the content for an issue must be downloaded before any of it can be read -- and the download time for an issue is sloooow. I've sent them 2 emails in the last year complaining about this but to no effect to date.
Please speed it up and I'll change my review.
Two years later and it still has problems downloading issues reliably. These days instead of stalling 65% it stalls at 99% and stays there for minutes. Ther's no indication about what it's doing. To stop and try again means reloading everything from that issue from scratch again. This is really disappointing, Bloomberg!
Since the app support link is broken, I'm commenting here that my last four issues download to 99% and that's it. So, they do not open and cannot be read in the iPad app. Please fix.
For at least five years absolutely trouble free, but upon my automatic renewal Apple took over my account except I could not access a single issue until I forced Apple to recognize my renewal was with BLOOMBERG not Apple. In the meantime Apple was trying to force a change so I was subscribing through iTunes. Sound like a Trump connection doesn't it?
It won't download any longer
The businessWeek app used to be very good. For the last six months I've only been able to get one issue to download on my iPad. I have been reading the paper version however I will not renew unless this is fixed as I read all of my magazines and newspapers on the iPad