Hartford Courant: Your source for Connecticut news App Description & Overview
Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Hartford Courant's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Connecticut's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Create your own personalized news feed with One-Tap Following
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Air Drop, Twitter, Facebook or email.
• Download the app to enjoy 10 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app and to courant.com; then it's only $7.99 a month.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to dailypress.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 860-785-4888.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at [email protected] A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Do you like Hartford Courant: Your source for Connecticut news apps? Please share!
Hartford Courant: Your source for Connecticut news App Tips & Tricks
Hartford Courant: Your source for Connecticut news Screenshots
Hartford Courant: Your source for Connecticut news Video
Hartford Courant: Your source for Connecticut news Reviews
Rely on it regularly. Get all the news quickly. Easy to scroll through. Thanks, Courant.
Oldest newspaper is just that
Not a good read anymore. Really, really bad formatting compared to most other news sources. Exception is local coverage, and maybe worth the price if that is what you want most
They got worse!! Changed to 5 stories free for a month. Same news everywhere else for free and they want to charge for horribly written stories and biased commentary and writings. Pitiful! Deleted!
I do not normally write reviews however this I felt warranted. The stories are generally quick but informative but subscription based? The Courant's content is minimal! Laced with both grammatical and spelling errors. When I click a story I expect content not a short sentence or 2 to follow up the lead in then nothing!
The NY Times I would pay-
The stories are thought provoking and well written and worthy of my money.
Needs some work
I receive both the paper and digital editions of the Courant. I find it difficult to read today's stories on the digital editions and separate them from previous days. There should be a filter to select the stories from a particular day.
I would also like the app for the iPad to include a feature on which appears on the website showing a digitized version of the day's paper using the same layout. This way when a friend recommends that you read a story on the first page of the local section you can find it easily.
Finally, a newspaper is not a newspaper without comics (sorry NYT and WSJ). Why can't I read comics in the digital edition?
Support your local paper!
It's important that we support our local papers which are crucial for keeping us informed about our community and holding politicians accountable.
Meets my needs
No problems but not a high intensity user.
By djr brosi
Many minor glitches to be endured. The app now repeatedly scrolls up to the first article in each category while I am reading further down. There is not much to read in the Courant. Why give subscribers added incentive to leave?
By Eastern ct
Useless...long story, already tried to post my long tirade on this app as a review...does not show here...what a waste of time.
This site needs help
By Tolland reader
Tried to re-download from the cloud and it's stuck in "installing" mode and there is no way out...
NY Times app better
Navigation through tabs at top of screen very difficult because tabs too small. Height of tabs too small so often hit menu icon above tab on right when trying to scroll through and access additional tabs to right.
No logical arrangement of obituaries. Can't see difference between breaking news and top stories. NY Times app much easier to use, more categories of news.
It's too refreshing!
The app refreshes constantly, and so quickly that there isn't time to scroll to a story and open it before it jumps back to the top. This is maddening, and usually leads me to just close it. The only way to find the story you want is to open one at random and swipe until you find it. I gave two stars because I dislike seeing apps with half five stars and half one star, but this latest update really doesn't deserve two.
Awesome and happy thanks!!
College football team