Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago news App Description & Overview
Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Chicago Tribune's premium storytelling on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Stay in the know: Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom
• Section-to-section swiping: Easily browse through section fronts without leaving your page
• Customizable navigation: Add, remove or rearrange sections organized by topic
• Save for later: Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app and to sun-sentinel.com; then it's only $7.99 a month.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to chicagotribune.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 312-442-0007.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at [email protected] A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Do you like Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago news apps? Please share!
Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago news App Tips & Tricks
Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago news Screenshots
Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago news Video
Chicago Tribune: Your source for Chicago news Reviews
App Badge shows alert when there's none
By Reddy Kilowatt
Annoyingly indicates a number of alerts waiting when there's none. Only fully functional digital Tribune experience is via browser.
Update: it no longer counts articles, excellent. But the icon on my phone shows a a red circle with 1 in it--which is meaningless but looks like a flag for me to do something. I hope this gets fixed soon.
I have a full subscription to the Tribune. This app works well when I use my Trib subscriber login. Unless I use this app on the mobile phone, under the new policy, articles are counted against the ten per month. Oddly, Tribune e-mails me Daywatch but seems not to know I am a subscriber. I had less trouble with that on my laptop, but more testing is needed. App is fine, easy access to articles.
Headlines are not the same, from paper to Daywatch to this app, and app articles are arranged by time released or shall I say printed.
It would be nice if Tribune pointed out to subscribers more easily how to be recognized as one person on all devices. There are features I have not tried, like save article to read later.
Easy to use, well organized
Everything works really well
Only 5 free articles per month
Nice news app
Like many others on here I like the app but the darned notification badge won't go away.
Notification over App
There is a "1" notification that appears over App, but there is no notification or message. This needs to be fixed.
I am tired of seeing these fake notifications that can't be removed. Removing this garbage
Haunted by Ghost Notifications
This app is an easy-to-navigate and handy sidekick to my print subscription to the Chicago Tribune. My only complaint is the little notifications that stick around for no apparent reason. I've had the same one haunting me for a week, and I just want it to go away.
You Have to Subscribe!
You only get to look at 5 articles per month for free! Otherwise you have to pay and subscribe. No thanks!
By Top Jimmy23
Good app for a loyal Chicago Tribune fan!
Why the notification on the app? What needs attention?