New York Subway - MTA map and route planner App Description & Overview
New York Subway uses the official MTA subway map and includes a handy route planner.
With over seven million downloads worldwide this NYC subway map is free to download and will help you navigate around New York using the subway system.
- Uses the official MTA map of the New York subway including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.
- The easy-to-use route planner will get you from A to B and works offline for help when on the go.
- Service Status from MTA shows live information about any delays or changes with alerts sent straight to your phone.*
- Arrival boards for each station to check when the next train is due.
- Search for a particular subway station on the map or find the nearest station to your current location with one tap.
- Favorite your routes for quick access when on the move.
- E & E Alerts show any out of service elevators and escalators as well as an estimate for when they will return to service.
- Uber integration allows you to book a taxi within seconds and continue your journey after using the New York Subway.
- Live Twitter updates from the official @NYCTSubway with helpful travel information.
Unlock additional features:
- Did you know that not all of the subway operates 24 hours a day? Get first and last train times for every day of the week.
- Enhance your route planner with tips on the best carriage to board to be nearest the exit or platform when you’re changing service.
- Remove adverts or buy the Bulk Saver to get all of these additional features for one price.
We make apps for cities worldwide so if you’re also visiting Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles or London make sure you check out our other apps for these cities, available to download for free in the App Store.
Plan. Route. Relax.
*Whilst we endeavor that service status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when this isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control.
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MapwayApps or follow us on Twitter @MapwayApps. We would love to hear from you.
This update includes a few bug fixes and performance improvements.
Do you like New York Subway - MTA map and route planner apps? Please share!
New York Subway - MTA map and route planner App Tips & Tricks
New York Subway - MTA map and route planner Screenshots
New York Subway - MTA map and route planner Video
New York Subway - MTA map and route planner Reviews
Super inaccurate. Doesn't account for train delays and rerouting.
Great app for getting around NYC without having to go find a map. Needs to show more planned work.
My go to app when traveling to NYC
Map location on launch
Can you please just have the map center on Manhattan when you open the app?
Or -- better yet, let the user store the preferred location so each time the app loads we don't have to swirl around finding where we need to go.
Very small display, not user friendly.
The app I used to use for this purpose disappeared. This one is not clear with directions. Disappointing. Needs improvement to clearly get people from point a to point b including addition of entrance locations, direction bound, etc
By Gino 5
By Potus D trum
Not bad at all
This is a great app! Very useful and user friendly. I have one (1) complaint and one (1) suggestion.
Complaint: No ads or Free ad removal. Either one would be awesome!
Suggestion: Please integrate MTA buses.
Thus, after those two things are done, I would definitely be willing to change this to a 5 star ⭐️ app! 😌
By Dariel Peralta
Not user friendly.
This app definitely has a lot of improvements that needs to be implemented. I used to use Embark NYC and it was the best. No longer can download that app :( This app should allow users to type in a specific address when routing instead of only allowing users to type in the train station. Also, can't change angle of map. This app is like using a regular paper MTA map. Useless! What happened to innovation and improvements. Not much implemented in this app compared to a regular subway map.
By Brite lites
Very helpful information on the system but there could improvements