Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC App Description & Overview
Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a powerful remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured and know the address of your computer. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Works with almost any computer and operating system
* Supports a physical mouse! Exclusive feature on the App Store! Important limitation: Jump Desktop does not work with standard Bluetooth mice and requires a specific Bluetooth mouse that pairs with iOS
* New Fluid Remote Desktop protocol supports high performance remote desktop
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Setup as many computers as you like – there are no limits!
* Built for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod
* iPad Pro features: Full support for split-screen multitasking and Apple Pencil
* Protect your server settings using Touch ID
* Connection syncing via iCloud connection syncing
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard: The best bluetooth keyboard support on the App Store. Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys - everything works. Also includes macros for keys no available on bluetooth keyboards (i.e function keys)
* SSH tunneling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support via touch gestures: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA support: view your desktop on the big screen. Includes a presentation mode on the iPad, letting you turn your mouse cursor into a laser pointer
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Full support for Linea and Infinea barcode and MSR scanners. Includes support for E2E encryption.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
* Supports RD Gateway
* Supports custom resolutions. Set any resolution you want including Retina resolutions.
* Dynamic RDP resolution updates on Windows 8.1+
* Remote printing: Send print outs from your computer to your iPad/iPhone device (exclusive RDP print redirection feature on the App Store!)
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7+
* Multi-touch redirection support on Windows 8+
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
7.3.3 drops support for iOS 8. Jump Desktop now requires iOS 9 or later.
* Fixed: Physical keyboard fixes
* Fixed: Clipboard fixes for VNC connections
Do you like Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC apps? Please share!
Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC App Tips & Tricks
Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC Screenshots
Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC Video
Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC Reviews
Really love the new Fluid Remote Desktop protocol introduced recently. Extremely fast and efficient, and much better than RDP & VNC - very impressive. I've switch all my Windows and Mac machines to Fluid.
iPhone 7 plus/ MacBook Pro 15 late 2015/MacBook m7
By Ipone5 💎
Works like a charm. The new update makes the app run more smoothly. Easily the best remote VNC which can control your computer through LTE from your phone. It run seamlessly thank you for the updates!
Love The Locked Screen Gesture Profile
I tried a couple of VNC apps but none of them gave me the experience I was looking for. Using the Locked Screen Gesture Profile gave me the experience I was looking for! This mode allows me to easily use the two finger scroll like no other app. It is fluid and doesn't inadvertently zoom! This comes in handy when navigating IDE interfaces. This also allows me to connect to and navigate my mac through my iPhone seamlessly. I am sure I have niche needs but Jump met them and will be my only VNC app going forward!
My first app review
this is the app that is allowing me to do my job as a physician using an iPad Pro. I had to buy a mouse which has an annoying delay over the Remote Desktop but everything else is awesome.
Best RDP App
By Adam Haney
Jump RDP was a fantastic investment. The app works well for me to access our terminal server. It allows me to select from different pointer options that make navigating the remote computer easy, specify custom resolutions, access the clipboard from my iPhone, and I can seamlessly zoom in and out.
This is the best RDP app I've tried, and I've tried about 10 different ones on the AppStore. Other the direct Remote Desktop Connection, you can install a little app on your desktop t home or works and connect using a gmail account. This may be the easiest way for casual users or people that don't know a lot about how to use he actual RDP program that comes with Windows. Sorry I don't know how this works on a Mac. But I can connect from my ipad or iPhone to all of my home desktops while away,I used some port forwarding through my home router and since I am the closest thing y company has for an IT director, I also used port forwarding so I can connect to any of the desktops and servers in my office. We have 2 servers and about 12 desktops. I don't go through Gmail. I connect directly due to setting up port forwards. Same at my home. But anyone without experience could do this using a gmail account and installing the little desktop app on your home or work computer (obviously you should get permission at work). I've been using it since the ipad 2 came out. Splashtop, I tried it and it works okay, but doesn't seem to do exactly what I need. Or I'll say I didn't figure it out easily like I did with Jump. It just works for me.
I needed a Remote Desktop tool that was easy to use and worked both from mobile devices and computers. You don't pay annual fees and for each target system- great deal and very easy to setup and use!
Great app. Easy to use.
Easy to access any information on any of my computers from anywhere with my phone or ipad.
Underrated and super
By Dan Daranciang
Jump Desktop doesn't have the marketing of other VNC/RDP apps, but it does have a tested, mature codebase, excellent multi-platform support, seamless auto configuration that completely avoids the need for firewall configuration, and enough preferences to make any power user happy. It is regularly updated and has responsive developers who understand what you're talking about.
I use it to monitor my Macs when I'm away and to log into my relatives' computers when they need assistance.
Very useful APP
New fluid connection is cool.
By Samuel Richards
Your program is perfect. Keep up to good work!
Doesn't do what it says.
Doesn't work on iPhone 7 on T-Mobile's LTE network ... only works with wifi connection which defeats the whole point of why you would buy this app.