Best note-taking app
This is by far my favorite note taking app
I've loved this app ever since I downloaded it, but recently it has been crashing less than a minute after I draw something. The only way to prevent it has been to exit the document and go back in, but this is incredibly inconvenient during class. Please fix!
Best app EVER!
I not only used this app in my everyday college courses (now that I've gone paperless), but I use it everyday in my home and work life. It is such an important app for me I have it next to the email and Safari apps. You will not be disappointed!
They changed the way to import documents. I wish they would go back to the old version. It was much more user friendly.
Med school note taking
Made a world of difference in my note taking, writing and drawing everything out means I learn it and understand it better = less time restudying which is huge. I do hope they create more color pallets, i like the pallets form vs. the wheel selection like in one note but I do wish they would add in a 3rd color pallet for color section. Also it would be great if you could crop images that you insert in the app.
Deceiving after a long time using it.
There is multiple really good options for taking notes with your iPad Pro and Apple pencil. This is definitely one of them, but not the best in my opinion.
This app has great organization without using folders and subfolders. Finding your notes is clean and fast. The writing is also smooth and natural.
On the other hand, the drawing options are annoying and limited compared to other similar apps. And this is a huge mistake, since drawing lines, circles, squares and such things is very common when taking notes and therefore the implementation should have been more natural and more convenient.
The app has not been improved in more than a year at this point, which makes me think they just moved on to something else after fixing the bugs.
New update 👌🏻
The BEST update for notability YET! So smooth writing with the Apple Pencil 👌🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 the ONLY thing that is missing is a different way to undo. If you guys put a "two finger tap" in to undo that would be absolutely amazing! 👌🏻
Unstable with large files
Works great with small files, but with large files it's rather buggy(constantly crushing) and slow (loading, editing...)
Add Persian language
This app has a great app
Please add Persian language support
Best App I own
I use my iPad everyday for studying and creating educational drawings in other languages, this is the app that lets me do it. Most of my time is spent volunteering as a teacher, and I use this app to do it. The possibilities are endless when it comes to using Notability. I use it to draw, download articles to research and study, and all the while my notes are clean and even fun. Best app I own and I recommend it to everyone. I never experiences crashing or issues. Top notch, love it
Great App - few desired features/enhancements
This is a great app and solving many problems. I am happy to pay for it and significant upgrades. Heavily use it to support: development of analyst products, business management, open source research notes.
* Subjects and Dividers - easily organize notes
* Paper background options - easily comes close to matching my current real paper preferences - green engineering graph paper
* security - able to password/code protect at subject level
* Sharing - lots of options and a needed feature when working with teams / groups
* Can both type and write with pen, as well as insert images/pdfs - and then mark up
* Cloud - lots of options for sharing / storing via cloud
* iCloud - I run an imac, mbp, iphone, and ipad. This synths the content nicely. (The MacOS version needs to parallel better with the iOS navigation and options/features)
* Auto backup
* FIXED - Typing Issue is Better. Seldom Lu auto enters a period at end of word while typing a sentence.
* FIXED or STOPPED: default setting for background paper no longer keeps changing (ipad seemed to prefer pink)
NEGATIVES - Enhancements - New Feature NEEDS
(Which can often cause me to go looking for another app)
* Security - I think I am not alone in wanting this capability developed within Notability. The lack of it limits how far I can integrate the app into all my processes - particularly my analyst and business management. NEED: want/need app to successfully import 'locked-encrypted' pdfs. The app needs an option to unlock the PDF before it imports (currently creates the right number of pages but they are blank). This should not strip the password/encryption from the PDF. The PDF should re lock when closed in the app.
* Sharing - does not include title/header info in a pdf it creates for sending by email. PDF should look like I see on the screen.
* Sharing - email it creates does not successfully port over the company's logo image from that email accounts email signature (iOS mail does it successfully)
* Cloud - no option to select privately/business owned cloud server/service
* Auto-backup - no option to auto-backup to an external drive for iOS e.g., lightening connected flash, MacOS e.g., USB 3.0 connected external drive (MacOS version of notability), ethernet connected NAS, wifi connected storage
Have a color pallet always open for quick color switching. Handle the select lasso with a screen-shooting like function of PDF and image elements for quicker copy and pasting of selected info, right now it only lets you select the whole element to move it.. that's not good enough compared to the competition now a days.
Great app. It is specially nice when connected to a projector and used in landscape mode during lectures. I suggest adding Engineering Paper.