Air Navigation Pro App Description & Overview
Air Navigation is a high quality flight planning and real time GPS navigation application for VFR pilots. With Air Navigation you plan your routes within a few seconds, track your flights and you have access to a database of worldwide airspaces and waypoints. Prepare your flight better than ever with Air Navigation!
Go to the add-ons section of our website http://services.xample.ch/ too see the complete list of free and commercial maps and other available products. Register to get database updates and download add-on maps and data from within the application.
The following Add-ons can be obtained for the app:
- Interactive waypoints (more than 180000) and airspaces (more than 100 countries)
- Free maps (open source or from the public domain)
- Aeronautical charts (ICAO, Sectionals, etc.)
- Approach charts (check list of countries available)
- Free elevation data
- 3D Data for synthetic vision and terrain awareness feature
- Notams (requires a subscription)
- ATC Flight Plans
- Free METARSs & TAFs
- Interactive Moving Map with Airspaces and Waypoints
- Use official or in-official charts as background map
- Display approach charts over the background map
- Plan your routes on the moving map: Multilegs route editor with wind correction, speed, distance, headings and fuel computation.
- Map widgets (position in 2,5,10 minutes, bearing, extended runway, notams, etc)
- Elevation profile with terrain and airspaces in front of plane (free elevation data required)
- Terrain Awareness in 2D and 3D (3D data required)
- 3D synthetic vision with realistic view of the terrain. Support for internal gyros or external AHRS boxes. Displays speed, altitude, attitude, course. Support for external modules with static and dynamic pressure sensors.
- Live flight tracking, requires data connection and a free account on our website
- Direct to Function
- Weight and Balance computer
- Logbook, automatically record block and flight time.
- Instruments, HSI,VOR, ADF, Compas, Altimeter, groundspeed
- Custom waypoint editor
- Support for external modules such as: Levil, Flytec, Flynet2, etc
- Support for connecting to X-Plane and Flight Simulator X (free plugin available on our website)
- Synchronize routes from Air Navigation for OS X
- And much more…
Find all available features on our website: airnavigation.aero
An iPhone/iPod with a GPS is required to use realtime navigation modules. Internal GPS is disabled when the iPhone's "Airplane mode" is active. Works with external GPS kit for iPod touch and iPhone.
The accuracy of the navigation instruments is better when the iPhone has a clear view of the sky (near the front cockpit for ex.). It may take 1 to 3 minutes to acquire a good GPS signal.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Check out our Online User Manual at http://manual.airnavigation.aero if you have any questions about how to use the application.
Satisfied with Air Navigation? Let us know by leaving us a rating and a review in the app store! This would mean a lot to us, thank you so much for your support.
Connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AirNavigationApp and Twitter: www.twitter.com/AirNavPro and stay up to date about any new updates, bugs or other news regarding Air Navigation.
* Please note that this software is not intended to replace a certified navigation device. You should always use official aeronautical documentation when preparing and performing a flight. You should always use certified navigation devices when performing a flight.
- New feature: Advisory activities (private NOTAMs)
- Bug fixes and improvements
Do you like Air Navigation Pro apps? Please share!
Air Navigation Pro App Tips & Tricks
Air Navigation Pro Screenshots
Air Navigation Pro Reviews
This company falsifies their claims
Out of the eight "new additions" to this app, NONE of them are new. This is an aviation developer that treats pilots like they are dealing with a used car salesman.
My guess is they update their app on a daily basis to negate the negative reviews that they consistently receive.
Excellent option for worldwide users!
It works nicely, I use it on every flight, a powerful tool that well could be bolted to the panel!
Many bugs on this version makes it useless
It has been a great App since when I bought it but this new version is useless! Please fix a green line that appears over the map and the new feature that allows you to see the destination and departure info won't allow me to go back to the map! Please fix!
Great flying app but buggy version update
I've been using this app for more than 3 years and I love it. This last major update is still full of bugs and make it unusable (at least in my iPhone 6, didn't upgrade on my iPad yet).
Please fix all the errors!
I did The software update 8.3 on my ipad and now I can't get any satellite signal.
I use The bad elf antena, in The bad elf app it works ok, but when I use it in The air Nav Pro it does not work. The antena link stay in yellow and never turn in green
I know many people having The same problem
I've been using the standard for a while. I finally decided to "invest" in the PRO version for local flights. So far...worthless. The account has me locked out after purchase and FIRST log in. They sell you 3D data through app but not USA sectionals. Go figure. Attempt to contact has ZERO email for assistance...only lists of other people's issues. DO NOT BUY until you can communicate with ANYONE on these apps.
Very lovely app but recently......
Immediately after updating my iPad mini to the latest IOS 8.2 version I could no longer use the Airnav Pro app on my ipad, it doesn't just respond anymore. I think there has to be an update of the app for the new IOS 8.2 version. Will be grateful if you guys could work on that as soon as possible to enable users like me continue to enjoy the benefits of the app. Thank you.
By Mr DWD
This is truly an amazing product and well worth having in the cockpit for situational awareness. What would be a nice enhancement would be holding patterns that one could select either over a beacon or any point on the map and using the current aircraft position, show the entry and the pattern either standard or non standard. Also using the speed, plot the course.
By Flying Patrick
This app is every pilots dream! Adds tremendous value in every aspect.
No brainer, buy it. Also, staff is very friendly if you encounter problems. And no, I am not an employee but really love this product and highly recommend it.
Cool app with a few issues
Really great VFR app with a few issues I discovered once I took it flying. The lack of good weather info is the biggest one. I am using the app in the US and the QNH is given in hPA, which cannot be used to set the altimeter. TAF is typically missing and the weather info remarks are often formatted in a rather difficult to read way. A weather overlay is needed with different parameters such as wind and precipitation. Radar would be good and the app eventually needs to support ADSB. For now I’d like to load this weather info while still on the ground and then use it offline during flight. Also there is a lot of info missing from the A/FD. I’d like this app to provide all the info including an aerial picture of the airport. The route display using custom waypoints should show more info on distance, estimated fuel, etc. in the regular view and not just in edit view. And finally I’d like to easily measure distances while en-route. One of the great features available is the easy scratch pad. It also seems that while this app is cheaper to start, it adds up quickly with a high granularity of chargeable items as opposed to a bundled subscription.
Excellent program specially for making flight plans and if you don't have VOR or DME its a good alternative. Worth every penny.
Very good !
AirNav Pro on my iPad mini is my main navigation program and has replaced my old Lowrance Airmap GPS device . I also use this app at home to help with flight planning .
I love this app and love how it doesn't require a subscription . Keep up the good work and thanks for all the updates and awesome features .