NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News App Description & Overview
Enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone and Apple Watch.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading today's headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
• Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Digital Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one complimentary digital subscription to share for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords and Times Archives from 1851.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at [email protected] or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Introducing The Daily 360: Times journalists around the world bring you a new 360 video every day.
360 videos offer a new way to experience the journalism of The New York Times. These immersive videos put you at the center of the scene, allowing you to look left, right, up, down and behind you.
Want to work for our team? Check out the About page in Settings.
As always, please email [email protected] with questions or feedback.
Do you like NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News apps? Please share!
NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News App Tips & Tricks
NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News Screenshots
NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News Video
NYTimes – Breaking Local, National & World News Reviews
App is super slow and clunky
I gave the app a 3 because the news and reporting is above board. App is slow to swipe, ceases up for no reason, and often requires a close and restart to get it operating in a semi- good kind of way. PLEASE FOCUS ON MAKING THIS APP EASIER TO USE!!!!
This app and suscription is well worth the money. Deep analysis of all kinds of sujects. Politics, cooking, parenting, college, books, travel. All my interests in one place.
Great content but app is frustrating me
By Jackie Asdfasdfasdf
While reading an article, if I switch out of the app and come back it takes me back to the home page rather staying in the article I was reading. Very frustrating on long reads.
Great but would like it to keep my place
Love the app and all the great journalism! One request is that you make the app open at the same place it was when it was last closed. This way we can be in the middle of a list of articles and not have to scroll back to find where we were or in the middle of the article and not have to try to find the article or our place in it again.
The best American newspaper deserves a little better.
No complaints about the content. The Times is the national standard-bearer. Fittingly, the app is much better designed than most news apps—can't think of any that come close, to be honest—but participating in the comments section is a joke. Individual comments that appear on the website disappear in the app; some are duplicated as you scroll through them; responses show up under the wrong comments; and the navigation is tedious.
I have no idea why functioning comment sections are so difficult for app programmers. Apparently even multimillion dollar corporations can't figure it out.
Nytimes customer service=terrible
Download app, buy subscription-$129. Annual subscription, unlimited digital subscription on all devices. Wrong. Despite numerous email conversations, still no access to nytimes.com, even though billed ($129 + tax) on 4/7. Even sent copy of receipt to nytimes-twice. Nothing. Have requested refund for lack of service, but I think I'm going to lose $129-great record for the liberal bastion and supporter of the working folk. Guess I'll just stick with the WashingtonPost.
I love how you can get a summary report or detail of the day. Of course, the reporting is top notch.
It'll navigate away from my article!
Whenever I open another app, the Nytimes app will lose my place in an article I'm reading and just reopen the home page. Extremely frustrating.
Too much data
My only complaint is that it takes up too much space on my phone and there's no way to clear it except deleting the app. I don't mind that it uses a lot of data because I can use on wifi only, but it regularly takes up 1 GB of space on my phone even when I haven't read an article in a while.
Stop the pop up ads!
Just stop the obtrusive ads (the latest Galaxy video ad put me over the edge) I already pay for a subscription. They would rather I find their content on google?!
Remove obnoxious full screen ads
What a terrible way to treat your paying subscribers. I do expect to see these type of ads when I use free products. New York Times app design team has so much to learn from The new WaPo app.
Ads ruin this
I pay for digital access so why are there so many aggressive ads showing up? Full screen ads from Samsung taking over my phone with video with no clicks on my part.